The Road to Aqaba—Practice Strategies for the Jazz Pianist
Inspired by sources ranging from Lawrence of Arabia to Bill Evans, The Road to Aqaba—Practice Strategies for the Jazz Pianist combines the fundamentals of jazz harmony and improvisation with powerful practice techniques to lead you step-by-step as you develop a deep and intuitive relationship with the piano. This dynamic approach is guaranteed to guide both students and professionals to greater levels of musicianship, creativity, and confidence.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Buy The Road to Aqaba and receive a FREE Zoom lesson. (We’ll set up a time upon purchase. Be sure to include contact info when ordering.)
- clear, step-by-step lesson topics (make consistent, steady progress)
- numerous challenging exercises (build technique and confidence)
- essential notation drills (gain a solid foundation of basic theory)
- 14 original compositions (apply the concepts to fun tunes!)
- 2019 UPDATE includes additional harmonic/melodic concepts from Barry Harris, Bud Powell, and Bill Evans.
- Also included: 4 new solo piano arrangements for study and performance – perfect for student recitals, or to begin your own arrangements!
8.5” x 11” easy-to-read format
Spiral bound – lays flat on your music stand or desk!
Printed on sturdy 60# paper
$25 USD (plus CA tax)